With 10 cars at Spa Francorchamps for the Radical Challenge, RAW Motorsports drivers weren’t the only part of the team going flat out.


In the first race Andrew Ferguson debuted their new SR8 and handed to Brother Jeremy at the pitstops in second place. “It was handling Ok but there was a lot of oil down,” said Jeremy.

Steve Burgess didn’t make a particularly good start, but was up to 11th by lap two, with team mates Dominik Jackson and Tom Harvey ahead of him in sixth and tenth respectively.” There was lots of action, outbraking and contact,” Tom.

The Ferguson’s held onto a podium place with third, while Brian Harvey, having rejoined fifth dropped to eighth, taking the runner up spot in the Team class. “I got held up and Nouri and Lukasevich caught me,” said Brian.
Burgess had climbed rapidly through order and led the SR3’s by lap eight. He had already been at the head of a queue behind Villars’ SR8, since ousting Lang from the class lead. But as he peeled into the pitlane for his stop, Ryan Booth’s SR8 had expired and blocked the entrance, before team mates Jackson and John Macleod joined the queue.

The delays proved decisive and while Elliot Goodman secured a solid 10th, Jackson managed to fight back to 11th, with Burgess 12th.

Barry Liversidge was 16th, Rod Goodman 17th, Aaron/Lee Bailey 18th, Gary Paterson 19th, while Macleod retired with a gearbox failure.


Burgess was into a duel with class polesitter Oliver Barker from the start of race two, but initially Jackson had been in second overall. “I had started on wets and after two or three laps the grip just dropped off,” he explained after falling to seventh.

Burgess and Barker managed to latch onto to class leader Lang, but his longer stop brought their duel to the fore. “It wasn’t a bad start, maybe a bit over cautious though. After Ollie got me I stayed with them, my stop was OK and I rejoined just behind again,” Burgess explained.

Ferguson had pitted for slicks on the green flag lap, but also lost time when the car struggled to restart at the pitstop. They finished sixth with Jackson eventually 12th. The Harvey’s were 18th, Macleod 20th and the Bailey’s 23rd, while Rod Goodman was unclassified, son Elliot retired with a sheared hub, Liversidge was 24th and Paterson 26th.


With heavy rain during the previous GT race, the start of race three was two laps behind the safety car.
From the green flag Burgess shot up to fourth but Tom Harvey was in the mix again too, with Jackson also taking Ferguson for fifth before receiving an early drive through penalty.
Burgess had been shadowing Barker and on lap seven he was ahead as they came through the Bus Stop. His rival chased hard during the second half, but Burgess took a comfortable win. “It was my best start, I had pressed Lang at La Source and then reeled in Ollie for the class lead. I got a good gap and put slicks on at the stop and just continued to manage the gap,” he said.

Despite his penalty Jackson also had a good second half to finish fourth, “I had pitted for slicks early too and had some good pace,” he added.

The Ferguson’s were sixth, with Macleod 12th. “I had the wrong rear tyres on for the first half, then got double parked and just went for it after that,” said Macleod.

In 16th were the Bailey’s, with Liversidge 17th, Rod Goodman 20th, Paterson 23rd and the Harvey’s 24th. 2We got a puncture after contact when were seventh,” said Tom.