top of page


It was a successful GT Cup debut for the RAW Motorsports Radical RXC at Donington, with three class podiums from their four races, including two victories!

Morning practice was followed by first qualifying. “I went out first and fettled it for Steve,” said Dimmack. But it was Burgess who set the qualifying time, giving them a third row start for the

opening sprint race. “I got a good lap but maybe should have pitted to check the tyre pressures as I got slower,” he added.

Having qualified the car it was Burgess at the wheel for the first sprint race, running a strong sixth overall and leading the GTO class.

But on lap five he was missing, as he explains. “The throttle stuck open at Redgate and I was into the gravel. I think I had pushed too hard on the straight and broke a spring on the pedal. But I got out of the gravel, got going and stayed very light on the throttle.”

Having fought his way back to 17th after 14 laps, he charged through the order to grab a remarkable seventh on the final lap and was still the GTO Class winner.

For the race two and the first of the weekends 50 minute Enduro’s, Dimmack was in for the start.

Initially he was disputing fifth with Stewart Proctor’s McLaren GT3, before settling into a duel with Grahame Tilley’s Nissan GT3.

“I was having a great battle with Tilley until the traffic broke it up,” he said.

Pitting from seventh to hand to Burgess, he brought it to the flag in fifth, for second in class. “There was no let up, it was so busy, but the car was great and another good result,” Burgess added.

It was Dimmack’s turn to tackle Sunday mornings Sprint race. It was a frantic start and after losing one early place at the chicane, he was right in the thick of the action, slipping to second in class behind John Seale’s Lamborghini.

But on his fifth lap he was tapped on the rear corner at Schwantz Curve, which sent him careering over the grass. “I was lucky to stay on after that,” he remarked.

He was forced to pit to remove grass for the front of the car, rejoining right in the middle of the other class battles.

A brief safety car intervention then hindered his progress and he took the flag in 16th for third in class. “That safety car wrecked it for me, it just didn’t give me time,” he explained.

Burgess was back for the final race of the weekend and the second 50 minute Enduro.

He had an initial skirmish with Proctor’s McLaren, before giving best and settling in sixth, before a couple of exchanges with Warren Gilbert’s Lamborghini, despite having run wide again at Redgate in his pursuit of the McLaren.

After a brief safety car intervention he was back to challenge Proctor and from the green flag he was soon into fifth and preparing to pit and hand to Dimmack, challenging John Dhillon’s Lamborghini too.

“I was annoyed with myself for going off at Redgate, but the safety car let me back in and I utilised the back markers well,” said Burgess.

Dimmack rejoined in sixth and claimed their second class win of the weekend, to conclude a successful GT Cup debut for the RAW squad.

The next rounds are Brands Hatch on May 1 st.


bottom of page